Twitter | Goodreads | Textnovel
Skype: pisces.ryby



BBI 1308169

Saturday, August 17, 2013

[Book Review] Chouzetsu no Hogosha 1

My rating: 3 of 5 stars

The story is about a school, taking setting in small city in Japan, which has a hero group called Guardian.

Okay here goes the review. I only can give this book 3 stars. Well, overall I like the story. The cases that given to Guardian also well done; simple but quite deep. What I don't like is only how people in this story always go praising the Guardian members who also Student Council members. They are handsome, cute, charming, capable to do anything in academic and sport...

It's like they have no weakness at all.

Well yeah I know, the author trying to say the weakness is how they kinda have split personality like when alone the leader is arrogant and ottoriter, other is playboy, etc, but... still, how people praise them in many ways is like they have no weakness at all.

Maybe this is just a taste problem. Here is like this. When I was in my teenagers age about under 14 maybe, I ever made a kind of story like this. The main character is a girl who capable to do anything, but tomboy, childish, etc yet however people praise her because she is just great. All like blinded and keep idolizing the main character.

But then I age, my style of writing somehow also changes. It's no longer creating the idol-like character, because somehow I think MC like that is just selling dream. My writing style changes to 'some kind of hero who tried to save people yet they still hate the hero'. It's just that way is more like 'reality'. Well, that's why I prefer Spider-Man rather than any superheroes.

Back to the novel, I think maybe because I age, thus I can no longer like this kinda plot which idolizing the MC. My taste changes. Maybe if I read this novel when I was younger, I would say this is great.

In short, I just want to say; this novel story is good overall, but the main characters are not my cup of tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Halo halo, silahkan komennya ya! Buat yang mau aku blogwalking balik, silahkan tinggalkan link blognya setelah komen. Thanks! ^^